My dog is very very anxious... any tips to help her?

Post all General Dog information or Questions here!!
JoeClark
new born
new born

My dog is very very anxious... any tips to help her?

Postby JoeClark » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am

Hi, I am hoping someone can give me some sound advice on the following : I have 7 dogs (mostly rescue). The most recent, is a puppy I found wondering the streets this past summer, and she is about 5 months old now.
My problem is that one of my dogs - now 5 - who has always been highly sensitive and somewhat anxious, has not taken well to the puppy. Or, at least, the arrival of the puppy seems to have exacerbated an already existing rise in her anxiety levels. She is not aggressive, but she is always hunched up and trembles frequently to the point where I took her to the vet to see if she has a medical condition (not because of the trembling but because she has become obese in a short period of time, and this, prior to the puppy's arrival). She used to play with one of my other dogs (who now plays constantly with the puppy), and it is probable that she is jealous. But I am not sure that it is JUST the puppy issue... Even before the puppy came, I had noticed that in getting older her anxiety seemed to increase. Now she sits curled up all day on her own, or, if i'm around, will come and glue herself to me (she did this before too)... I make a point of spending time with her, letting her cuddle up to me, she sleeps with me (as she did before)... in other words I try to make her feel loved and that "nothing has changed", yet...

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-fo ... -very.html

advertisement examples

Return to “General Board”