Pedipaws Pet Nail Trimmer

This Board is for all Dog Grooming Questions and Answers!
Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Pedipaws Pet Nail Trimmer

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Was just looking at these on trade-me and was wondering if anyone has used one. I can groom the fur on my two but am to scared to trim their nails. These look like they make the job easier but dont know whether to try or keep taking them to vets when they need trimming.  What do other members do to keep their spoodles nails trimmed? And how often do you get them trimmed?  :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Pedipaws Pet Nail Trimmer

Postby Teddy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:55 pm

I usually get the vets to do it when they give teddy a check up... but i forgot last time and his claws are really getting a little long... I have nail clippers but like you i'm quite unsure as to how to do this.... anybody got any ideas cause i would also like to know and i'll write an article on the next new website about this cause this is quite an important topic....

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 am

i have one. i clip my own girls nails but i find this product better at smoothing down the naile after i have clipped it rather than using it as a substitute to clipping, there is a more exspensive one that has a cable therefor more power but i dont know how good it is. try youtubing them and see what you think. 

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Sandy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks Kendal I wi have a look. How do you know how short to cut the nails? That's my biggest concern.
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 am

its easyer on nails that you can see the quick. its the blood vessle inside the nail.
is you just do it in little bits you should be fine. you will normaly get one that you will catch and make bleed but just take a bar of soap and dig the naile in. it stops the bleeding and wairs out. what kind of nail clippers are you using or the ver are using. sone are better than others.

Return to “Dog Grooming”