Dog Grooming Help

This Board is for all Dog Grooming Questions and Answers!
Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: Dog Grooming Help

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Anne. Thanks for your advice. I have washed my 2 with the eucalyptus wool wash and it has worked great, Both their coats look lovely and are tangle free.  I have heard that you should brush them before washing, then dry them before brushing their out coat. Do you have any opinion on this. Which way is easier? Looking for any way to make my 2ish hour job shorter.
Thanks Sandy
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

strangefamily
Puppie
Puppie

Postby strangefamily » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi

I was wondering if the wool wash you are talking about is the Martha Gardener one? It comes in Lavender and Eucalyptus but it doesn't really look like a moulded handle. Sandy, Pauline or anyone else, is this what you have used? If not, what was the name of the one you did use?

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi. Yes that is the I use. I have been using it on both mine spoodles once a week for a few months now and have found it great. Their coats are lovely and soft and they both smell great. :D :D
I have used both flavours and have been happy with both smells. I wouldn't go back to dog shampoo. :D :D

strangefamily
Puppie
Puppie

Postby strangefamily » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Sandy.

pj and rosie and brogan
Oodle
Oodle

Postby pj and rosie and brogan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Kim
I have been using the eucalyptus on both my girls and I haven't had to use any flea treatments at all this summer - I only bath them every 2 weeks generally but they are lovely and soft.
Cheers
Pauline

strangefamily
Puppie
Puppie

Postby strangefamily » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks Pauline. I've just washed her today for the first time with it. Looks and feels great. Trimmed her myself with scissors last week and now I'm looking at her and seeing all the uneven bits. Oh well. I may yet be investing in clippers.

holly
Puppie
Puppie

Postby holly » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi
I used the lavendar wool wash today and it worked very well. My Maggie, a curly black cavoodle, tends to get very excited and pee when she meets new poeple. She met a couple of new people today so got too excited, anyway she is now clean and sweet smelling.
Mary

strangefamily
Puppie
Puppie

Postby strangefamily » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Oh Holly. That makes me laugh. Molly too gets very excited when she meets people particularly when they come to the door. She tends to jump up but fortunately for us she doesn't pee. Don't they smell lovely using the lavender?

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

How is the best way to trim with scissors? and at what length do people trim to? Currently i've trimmed teddy to around 2cm and longer around the legs

feebee
new born
new born

Postby feebee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 am

Hi I have just joined, and was wondering if the wool wash would be ok for my king Charles cavalier?, and i would like to learn how to groom him correctly, i am not a big fan of cutting him completely short, i rather just shorten his long fur while keeping his natural look, more the tummy/bottom/tail areas and his ears, i have brought clippers at the moment i have been getting him use the noise of them, and rubbing it against his body without clipping him, any advice appreciated! thanks Fiona and Max

floranicolas
new born
new born

Postby floranicolas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Don't try and trim the hair but get the dog used to the noise and feeling. Pet and reassure the pet while in your lap that it's okay to be scared, this may take time. But once you have mastered this, move on to clipping nails, brushing, combing from the bottom forward. No more than 15min. a day. Move forward bit by bit. Be patient and remember the mats didn't get there in one day. Enjoy your time together it will be worth it in the end.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Good advice!

Return to “Dog Grooming”