Yellow teeth

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
farmchic
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Yellow teeth

Postby farmchic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 am

Hi,
Noticed yesterday that my cocker has brown/yellow plaque stuff halfway up her teeth, they're usually gleaming white, but I think it might have something to do with 'cleaning up' after her 2 2 1/2 week old puppies. I'll be taking them to the vet for a check up soon anyway, and get something for her but in the meantime do you have any suggestions for cleaning them ? Do the teeth cleaning toys etc work? Cheers.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Yellow teeth

Postby Teddy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 am

depends probably only the back teeth with things like chewys.... otherwise maybe a dog toothpaste... the yellow stuff is plaque and is usually an age thing... most likely will occur on the k9s... if there is alot of build up then you should get the vet to remove it then brushing the teeth should work,,,

CocosMum
Puppie
Puppie

Re: Yellow teeth

Postby CocosMum » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:58 am

I find that those frayed rope chew toys seem to make Coco's teeth gleam, but she does hold onto the fringe bits with her front teeth so that may explain it. I play with her with it and that seems to help. Just a suggestion. But definitely tooth brushing is a good idea and having the vet take a look is another good suggestion, better to find out before really major things have to be done.

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”