Her Fur is Bleaching

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Her Fur is Bleaching

Postby lippyleipreachain » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 am

Hi all,
My little Cleo is has a beautiful black coat, but now it's turning reddish in places. I thought it was just sun bleaching as she is in the sun every day, but recently I have read that it may be a sign of Giardiasis, which my husband has had here. I only give her bottled water but when she goes to visit friends she gets water from the tap.
I've also read it may be a nutrition issue so I worry I'm not feeding her right.
She currently gets a mix of raw meat and puppy biscuits, and she gets a raw bone everyday.
There are no other signs that she may be unwell, she is active, happy, and her usual self.
I'd appreciate any tips and pointers.
Also, just wondering if I should be brushing her teeth even though she chews bones every day?
Cheers :)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Her Fur is Bleaching

Postby Teddy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:16 pm

How old is Cleo? remember coats will change as they get older and if Cleo has gone from a puppy to adult recently then there fur will definitely change. Sometimes a colour may come through which has being hidden down as a dog matures. Noticable colours can be seen in dogs with black and white in there coat as a puppy. Often they will go a grey colour as they get older. Do you have any photos your can post on here?

Thanks

Korin and Teddy

lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Postby lippyleipreachain » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 am

Hey Korin & Teddy,
She is 7 1/2 months old. She has been 'bleaching out' for months though, which is why I thought it may just be the sun. We live in the tropics so she is out in the sun every day.
Where do I put photos up for you to see?
BTW, Teddy, you are so frickin cute :)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 pm

when you reply using the "full editor" you have an option on the right with photobucket... takes up a good size of the right side. just sign up to them and you upload photos there and can share them here... once you login you will see your photos on the right side of the "full editor" rather than a login screen... but you need to join up with photobucket first...

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”