Drinking Pool Water

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Drinking Pool Water

Postby lippyleipreachain » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am

Hi guys,
My little fluffball Cleo keeps drinking the pool water.
Our pool is salt water chlorinated and as such has lots of nasty chemicals in it that can't be good for such a little pooch.
Any ideas how I can stop her drinking it without scarring her from being around or in the pool?
On a different note, she loves coming in the car with us but is getting very bad with traffic in the car park. She sits behind the wheels and doesn't move even when the car starts, and when someone drives in she will run infront of their car.
How can I teach her road sense without scarring her from coming in the car?

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Drinking Pool Water

Postby Teddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Put her water bowl by the pool... i would think she would rather drink fresh water than salt... Road sense is hard, best to train at home around yoru own car where you can train her around cars... also make sure she doesn't walk on the road when you go for walks she should naturally pick that up if you walk on the foot path all the time

lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Postby lippyleipreachain » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi Teddy,
I have put her water bowl by the pool and she still wants to drink from the pool. Maybe because we are in there??
As with road sense, we don't have very many footpaths here, only in the town centre, so her walks are roadside! They don't make it easy here in the tropics ay!

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 am

yeah thats true... I guess you really just need to tell her that not to drink from the pool, and just walk her by the road so not on it as such just more to the side... its hard I never walk teddy off the lead on the road, it just can be so unpredictable... but in saying that i have seen people walking around with dogs off the leash all i can think is that they have got there dog use to walking next to cars and the dog has the sense not to run into a car...

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”