Scrapped Nose

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
Emma
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Scrapped Nose

Postby Emma » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Hey everyone

Coco has scrapped her nose on something - probably concrete when she was running around and has lost her footing. I didn't see it happen so I don't know how she did it.

I'm not sure if I need to do anything or if it will heal itself. We are off to the vet on Tuesday for her operation (she is getting fixed) so thought I would wait to speak to the vet about it then.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice though before then.  It is not bothering her at all - just looks red and sore.  It is not all of her nose just a line from the top to the bottom.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Em and Coco

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Scrapped Nose

Postby Teddy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:53 pm

I would think it shouldn't be a problem, what part of the nose? the top of it?

Lily
Puppie
Puppie

Postby Lily » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Poor you Coco, playing is so much fun, sometimes its hard to remember not to fall over your own feet.

A bit of a wash two or three times daily with some salty water will keep it clean untill the vet has a look on Tuesday (just dissolve a teaspoon or two of salt in some warm water and allow to cool)

It probably wont look so bad by tomorrow but if it doesnt look very good I would probably sneak her into the vet clinic and get one of the nurses to have a peak.

Good Luck to both of you for Tuesday!

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 am

yeah coco all the best for your op tomorrow and stop the face planting ok!

kiwi06
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kiwi06 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:48 pm

How did she get on and how's the nose?

Emma
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Emma » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 pm

She was very brave and is starting to feel a little better.  Managed to eat a little bit of food this afternoon which is a good sign.  She was not very well last night but nothing that a few handy towels couldn't clean up.  She has still been pretty sleepy today and currently passed out - curled up in a little ball - too cute!!

We had a pretty awful experience yesterday afternoon though - got a phone call from my security company at 2.30pm to say that my alarm was going off.  Got home to find that some mongrels had broken into the house and stolen ALL my jewellery!! Lots of it was very very sentimental and I am gutted!!

We are ok now and determined to not let the scum on this planet upset our lovely little life and home!!

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm

oh emma thats terrible our thoughts are with you i dont know what to say except that coco will be wanting to give you major licks  :'(

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:36 am

Thats terrible and you feel so violated... my brothers car got broken into and when he called the local cops they said they won't bother coming out cause its unlikely they will get finger prints or even catch the person as he had stuff stolen... It just so happens it happens that often that they don't look into it with much detail as they can't really catch the people doing it....... to me its blindly obvious who does it .... we went to court because this girl i know hit a motor biker person when turning across a road.... he got quiet badly injured.... he was a gang member and also was speeding - at impact his speedo got stuck on over 60 in a 50k area.... also there were witnesses which said they over took them at a speed faster than 50... so she wasn't to much in the wrong.... but turned out the cops battered for the patch gang member motor biker he turned out to be.... and decided to do her for dangious driving.... so she spent 6 months preparing for this pointless trail .... spent two days in court, and she hadn't had any previous convictions...... all the prosecuter had was two drunk motor bikers who happened to be drinking at a bar as witnesses..... other than that he had nothing else.... so she got let off, but as the judge said she was lucky to get off.... and i was sorta scratching my head at this .... shes a model citizen who hasn't had any convictions and works hard and the guy on the motor bike was a patched unemployed beneficary gang member.... I couldn't even see any case against her yet it still went ahead and wasted all that time and money.... now just before her hearing there was a guy who was totally wasted on drugs and had just beaten up his wive.... he stood there and said "I didn't mean to do it, blah blah blah" and she was in the public gallery saying "oh please just let him go blah blah blah"... then the judge said well this is your 20 th time in here, i'm gonna recommend you both think about seeing a councellor..... mmmmmmmmmmm ..... then he got let go.... and they were both absoultely high on drugs and abosultely wasted with no hope.... i guess what i'm saying is it seems really strange how they just let people like that off with not even a slap on the wrist yet they are determined to distroy someone who contributes well to the society....  [smiley=MSN-Emoticon-114.gif]

kiwi06
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kiwi06 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Ugh that's awful.  I can't imagine it.  Very glad that Coco was not in the house though!  Glad she's feeling a bit better.  Reminds me actually, Buster's due to get his stitches out tomorrow and I forgot to ring the vet.  He's been great--no need for the collar in the end.

amymac
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby amymac » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Poor you and Coco. I am going to get a "beware of the dog" sign and possibly "trespassers will be prostituted".
No seriously - even though Riley is more likely to lick any burglars to death surely it must act as a deterrent. eg "Should I rob the alarmed house with dog or the one next door?" - even criminals have brains, except P heads.

Give Coco a cuddle from Riley and me. Hope she feels better soon.

igot2spoodlesyay
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby igot2spoodlesyay » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:10 am

Emma, ppl like that will get what they deserve, it will come back to get them...theres nothing worse then the feeling someone has been in your things, i had someone cut a whole in my security door in the hope id left the key in it and luckily i never do, but just the thought of them being there made me physically ill.

I hope your feeling ok, and dont let them get you down, just make sure they cant get in again.

Im so glad coco wasnt in the house also, you never know with some ppl, possesions can be replaced, best friends cant, so thats a blessing in its self.

I think the beware of dog sign is an excellent deterent, it would make anyone think twice.  i also padlock my gate, so they have to be able to jump over a fence, take the chance with a dog sign, get through my security and then take someone and get back over the fence before someone calls the police, if they can do that they probly deserve it lol.

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”