Teething

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
amymac
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Teething

Postby amymac » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi. Just checking what is in the normal range for puppy teething.

Riley has been cutting new teeth over the last month however he now has a big purple and red lump where a tooth is coming through on one side. Blood is coming off on his toys from this.

He had a vomit 2 days ago and didn't eat breakfast that day.
He seems well and happy in himself since so I haven't been overly worried .

Does this sound normal or is trip to the vet in order?

Emma
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: Teething

Postby Emma » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:59 am

Not sure about the lump but I do remember that when Coco's big girls teeth came through I would sometimes find blood on her toys.  When she went to be micro chipped the vet was concerned about one of her teeth - the baby one had not fallen out and the new tooth was coming through which she said could be a slight problem.  She told me not to worry about it and they would take a look at it when she came in for her op to get fixed.

As it turned out the tooth fell out and all is well.  I wonder if Riley is having the same problem and maybe it is just a new tooth trying to come through.

I don't know but I am sure one of the gang on here will be able to let you know if any need for concern.

On that note -  how is Riley finding his new vet?  Coco is hysterical - she runs into the vet all excited and doesn't even stop outside to sniff around where the other dogs have been!!  It's up the steps and through the door at lightening speed...bless :)

amymac
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: Teething

Postby amymac » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 am

Good to know the bleeding is normal. I've been guided by the fact that Riley is far too happy to be sick. He hasn't been back to the vets in a while. However I have yet to find a person he is not wildly excited to meet so I imagine the vet will still be on his favourite people list.

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”