Toxic Plants

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Toxic Plants

Postby sl_simpson » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:58 am

Hi all

Have found a interesting web site that has list of Plants that we need to be aware of some are however more prodominent in the USA but it is fairly compresive
http://www.doberdogs.com/Toxic.html

With diligence on our part, we can help prevent our dogs from getting into substances that are toxic to them. Many veterinary school websites offer lists of things that are toxic to dogs and what you should do if your dog ingests such things. As always, if you think your dog may have eaten something dangerous, contact your veterinarian immediately or take your dog to the closest emergency clinic.

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Toxic Plants

Postby doyle and mollie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 pm

it dosnt leave much in the garden does it....  :(

sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby sl_simpson » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 pm

I know.  I was really surprised just how many are listed.  The ones that have toxic berries, even with young children.

For the most part my dogs don't chew on plants, they have tug a war with flat or helped with pulling weeds in the garden.  Except when younger they did sampled things.

At the moment both enjoy diging little holes here and there  >:(, sniffing the ground.  They haven't dung any big holes just, the size of a deep divit if one had a bad swing when golfing.  I had thought it was because a cat or hedgehodge has crossed the yard.

I finally found out why they have been intent one this.  The fat grass grub.  Bella proudly brings one in every so often :o.  

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 am

Hey i can't see wandering jew on there which i would think causes alot of standard paw problems?

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”