Vomiting

Your Doggy Health and Wellbeing, Questions and Answers posted here. Place any Dog Remedies and Recipes here aswell.
amymac
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Vomiting

Postby amymac » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:25 am

Riley was vomiting half the night last night. I went to get a drink from the kitchen at midnight and there were 3 vomit piles in his crate. Cleaned that out with him outside - he vomited twice more on the deck. Between 1 and 3am he vomited another 3 times in his crate (lots of bed changes but couldn't bear to put him outside). He must have been feeling poorly because he lay in K's arms and went to sleep.

He's looking better this morning.

This has happened once before when he was little. I assume he ate something he shouldn't have. Is there anything else to worry about with spoodles? I did a DIY abdomen exam - was nice and soft, no lumps, lots of noises though.

sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: Vomiting

Postby sl_simpson » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Amymac

It does sound like a lot of vomitting in a short time frame. Definitely give the Vet a ring and see if you should take him in for a check over.  

I had been told by a Vet to withhold food for around 24 hours to see if they settle down and no further vomitting, and then start them back on their food but in smaller amounts.  But that does depend on how often they are vomitting.
Also watch that Reiley is getting enough water to drink so that he does not get dehydrated.  

He is a link to read on Dogs vomitting a must to read.
http://www.professorshouse.com/pets/dog ... iting.aspx

amymac
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: Vomiting

Postby amymac » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm

That was a great article. I love the term "dietary indiscretion" for describing the gross stuff dogs eat.
Riley is totally better. We even went to the beach yesterday where he mucked around with my friends 3 BIG dogs.

Return to “Health | Wellbeing | Remedies | Recipes”