How to socialize puppy with kids??

All puppys here. Post any questions or answers you may have about your puppy.
JoeClark
new born
new born

How to socialize puppy with kids??

Postby JoeClark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi,
I previously posted asking about a small breed to get as my second dog, however, a large breed puppy 'found' us instead. He's a Boxer mix, possibly with Lab or Pit. He's about 3-4 months old and getting along really well with my older Lhasapoo. Well I'm now trying to figure out how to socialize him with children so as an adult he will be good with kids. I've lived near neighbors and friends who all had young kids with my first dog but since moving to a new state I don't know anyone with children younger than 15.

My question is how do you socialize a puppy to children if there aren't any around? I was told to take him to parks to visit with kids there but kids normally come up to pet him for a few seconds then return to playing so he doesn't really get much time to acclimate with children. How different do you suppose his behavior would be with kids in his home with only visiting them at parks? Any suggestions?

Please help.
Thanks!
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:http://www.dogforums.com/dog-training-forum/467169-how-socialize-puppy-kids.html

Web Explainer Video

Return to “Puppy Talk!!!”