Fussy Where She Poops

All puppys here. Post any questions or answers you may have about your puppy.
lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Fussy Where She Poops

Postby lippyleipreachain » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:19 am

Hi All,
My little Spoodle Cleo os now 4 months old and I have her fairly well house trained. That is, she has a large tray in the corner lined with newspaper, and she knows only to pee and poop in there. However, she won't poop outside. I see her ready to go and take her outside. She will run and sniff around for 20 minutes and not go. Then the minute she comes back in, she goes to her tray and gets ready to poop again, so I take her back outside. Again, she will play around for 20 minutes and not go. She refuses to poop untuil she is back inside in her tray.
How to I break this habit and get her to start learning to go outside.
I have been rubbing her poop in the garden so the scent is there for her, but it makes no difference.
I need help please!
Cheers :D

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Fussy Where She Poops

Postby Teddy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am

Put the tray outside when you take the dog out... What you have done is trained it to go to the toilet on that tray... what you should do is put the train closer and closer to the door and that way the dog learns to go to the door when it needs to go to the toilet... but take the tray outside and i think you may find it will go to the toilet there

lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Postby lippyleipreachain » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi guys,
Yep it did indeed work, and didn't take her too long to learn.
Actually I now have bells attached to the back door handle and when she wants to go potty outside she rings the bells. So clever :)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 am

yeah dogs are alot brainer than we give them credit for... training can be really fun

lippyleipreachain
Puppie
Puppie

Postby lippyleipreachain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Now we have a new problem though. She is peeing on our bed when we leave her alone at night. It is pure defiance, as it's always on my husbands side and generally in the same spot. Help!

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:22 am

Sorry I missed this post... she may need to go out in the middle of the night till she learns to go to hold on. This takes some time though... I use to take teddy out in the middle of the night till he was old enough to hold on till the morning... even still he would sometimes not make it outside in the morning... funniest moment was when he ran down the stairs and waited at the door but couldn't hold on for me to get the door open in time and he had to go right infront of me, just as I was trying to open the door... he was also wimpering like - "i'm sorry, I tired to make it out" :lol:

Jaxson
new born
new born

Postby Jaxson » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:27 am

dog can learn things quickly just need a good guider i mean teacher i mean owner of the dog

Return to “Puppy Talk!!!”