posting trouble

This board is for any problems people encounter with the forum and also any issues that may occur
sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

posting trouble

Postby sl_simpson » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 am

Just have some trouble with posting a reply or new post. I type all info then go preview or submit and have to log in again as it has timed out and what I have typed is no longer there. Even doing the save button at the bottom the samething happens.
One thing that I have done so I don't lose what I have typed in I do a copy then login again and paste.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there a setting that I need to adjust my end that will stop this happening?

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: posting trouble

Postby Teddy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am

It might be sessions expiring, i'll see if i can set it longer... i've had that issue before, what happens is that it logs users out after they have being inactive for a certain amount of time, mainly a security issue... when you type a message it sees it as inactive ... its a dumb setting so i'll see if i can somehow disable it... i have written really long replies before only to hit submit and it asks for the login again... of course then it wipes all the message you just wrote... really annoying... i tend to write my replies then highlight it all right click and copy it, then click submit... that way its saved if that occurs....

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

Just looked at it, seems to have being set to 50mins... so i increased this to 50 hours... i don't know if this will fix the issue, hopefully will....

sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby sl_simpson » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 am

Cool It seemed to time out with in about a couple of mins

Return to “Forum Issues”