Missing pic and comments

This board is for any problems people encounter with the forum and also any issues that may occur
Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Missing pic and comments

Postby Spoodygirl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Korin, Just wondered what happend to my second picture and comments in the side bar, is this not allowed or is it because of the new server.
Cheers Barb

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Missing pic and comments

Postby Teddy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:15 am

Bingo -you are on the money!!

its the new server, but crazy thing is that my old sever people want to match what the new server people offered me so i'm gonna switch back as they are a nicer bunch of people, so its not worth making any changes till i put it back across again.... when it goes back across you might find all the old settings are back to normal.... as this forum is a new install and i had to reinstall all the modifications again such as the extended profile one which gives all the dog info and photos.... when i switch back again hopefully all these will be the same as i will be using the orginal forum.... i just need to upload all the boards etc so the old forum is up to date with this one.....? make any sense? lol don't do anything to your profile till i reload this back to the old forum on monday then you should have all that back again.... if you do change this profile you might find any changes missing when i put it back across..... old forum isn't a good word makes it sound like a downgraded version.... lets just say i'm putting this same forum back across to a more robust better sever with even more space than the one its on now  :D

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:24 am

Hi Korin, thats fine I thought it was something like that, Ill wait till every thing is back to "normal" Then.
Thanks Barb ::)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:29 am

good post though cause i didn't notice that till i saw teddys detail disapear and i thought oh god.... it will be good to get back to the old servers i'm sure all this info should still be up there ..... the main problem is with the modifactions i have with teh forum - thats extra bits of software installed aswell as the forum.... when you do a complete reinstall of a forum it goes back to default and you have to upload all the old files and there are alot, though i was amazed in this shift nothing really went wrong, which was great.... thanks for the idea to set up a forum issue board aswell, i forgot about this part of the forum....

Return to “Forum Issues”