Hello from Christchurch!

New to Spoodle.co.nz? Drop by here and meet our regulars.
the_discowhore
new born
new born

Hello from Christchurch!

Postby the_discowhore » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 am

Hey all! So glad I have found a forum for New Zealand dog lovers! I'm from Christchurch obviously, I'm an animal behaviour student at UC, work at a boarding kennels and I am currently dogless at the moment, although hoping to add a puppy in Summer 2011/2012. I LOVE dog sports, especially agility (I help out at the local agility club CCATS) and anything to do with dog training... so hopefully I can be of some use around the forum! I am a big Doberman person, always had them as a kid and still go back home to visit my parent's 1 year old girl, nothing quite compares to the Doberman and it has been so hard living without one since I started flatting. Currently I live with two bunnies (Murderface & Totoro) and one cat (Elliot). Here are some pictures of my crew for you, enjoy!

Murderface, the most terrifying bunny on the planet :D

Totoro, the queen of fluffy

Elliot, the reluctant bunny

And here are some pictures of my parent's lovely dogs

Lottie, my princess

Libby, the most gentle, patient dog I have ever met

Poppy, RIP my heart dog, who taught me so much about training in her short 8 years with us

Cricket, a grand old lady, Golden Retriever in a black & Tan suit. RIP.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Hello from Christchurch!

Postby Teddy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Hi welcome to the forum, looks like you have alot of animals around your flat ;)

My mums dog is getting older and i'm guessing only has a few years left, the time goes really quick... its gonna be a hard time when teddy reaches his last legs... i think i'm to attached to him, ;)

the_discowhore
new born
new born

Postby the_discowhore » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Our flat isn't complete until I can add a puppy haha! Don't know how b/fs cat Elliot would feel about a puppy though, he met Lottie on the day we got her and she was asleep on my lap and he flipped out and screeched and ran out of the house. Brave, he is not.

Losing any animal is hard, especially a dog because they are such a huge part of your life... Think of how much time per day you spend with your dog, when they are gone it's such a massive void... friends and family are often busy and wrapped up in other things, cats just wander in and out, young children are there for you in a demanding, needy way but dogs are there for you 24/7 for no reason, just to hang out, so when they are gone there isn't really anything that can replace them :)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 am

They are usually pretty good if introduced at an early age and get use to the cat... its usually when you add a second dog that issue may arise... the two dogs work off each others energy sometimes...

the_discowhore
new born
new born

Postby the_discowhore » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh I am not at all concerned about my future puppy's behaviour hehe, Lottie was bought up around rabbits, rats, chickens and livestock- I'm just thinking the 8 year old cat that is terrified of dogs is going to go into hiding for the rest of his life :( We looked after a friend's cat for a few months when they went overseas and he got soo grumpy and avoided her like the plague. I would hate a new puppy to scare b/fs beloved cat away for good! I suppose baby gating off a "safe room" for him would make him feel better though, and not letting him out for the first few weeks so he doesn't have the opportunity to do a runner..

Return to “Introductions & Welcomes”