HI Everyone!

New to Spoodle.co.nz? Drop by here and meet our regulars.
benny11
new born
new born

HI Everyone!

Postby benny11 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 am

I just came across this forum while searching for a way to stop my spoodle (Benny) to stop peeing when he gets excited. He is just under 6 months. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Please help!

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: HI Everyone!

Postby Teddy » Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 am

Hi welcome to the forum... he's still quite young but best thing is to keep paper by the door and try to get him to go on that and slowly take it outside so he learns to go outside. Also make sure if he is excited you try to get him outside before he goes to the toilet, and he should get use to it...

benny11
new born
new born

Postby benny11 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 am

He is mostly outside so he has his spot where he goes. As soon as he sees my husband and my son he starts peeing everywhere outside or inside. He gets excited to people he doesn't see as often. He sees me all day and doesn't do that around me. I'm trying to bring him in the house more now but the biggest problem is that he wees everywhere when he sees my husband and my son. I read in a post that it's good to ignore him and tell the others to ignore him for the first 5 min....would that work? Please, any advice you have is welcome. Thanks!

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Wed May 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Definatley ignore him at least for 5 mins even longer if possible, that way he will calm down and he will get to realize he gets no affection till he is calm. He should by now have good bladder control so it is just an over excitment thing. Also then when you have ignored him and it is time for him to recieve a pat from your son husband or who ever, they should do it calmly. Until he gets out of this excitment weeing phase, no rough games and no hypeing him up, this will all lead to the unwanted behaviour. He already sounds like a highly excitable dog so avoid any kind of excitment with him. Benny looks very cute in your profile picture. There is also an Australian Spoodle forum, just google spoodle forum and you will find it. The spoodle owners in Melbourne quite often have get togethers, you might like to join in. Where abouts are you situated? Where did you get your puppy from it would be funny if he was related to one of mine, 2 of mine came from around Melbourne and one out the other side. Good luck with your pup!

benny11
new born
new born

Postby benny11 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi,

Thankyou so much for your reply!

I got mine from Passion For Pets in Carrum Downs. He had another 2 brothers and a sister I think. Benny was the second last one to go.

How about you? are all those dogs in the picture yours? You have 4? the one on the far right looks like Benny allot!

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Yep all 4 are mine, they all came from small breeders. I'm not a fan of pet shops, you just never know where the pups have come from. I really wanted to see the parents of my pups and meet their breeders and see where they spent the first 2 months of their lives. I got Cooper first and I just loved him so much and decided him and us (hubby and I) should get another so along came Lacy and we just went from there. There is about 7 months between each of mine and they are just awesome! None of mine are related, I got them all from different breeders. I've met so many other dog (spoodle ) people through my dogs and keep in regular contact which is great. One of my best friends who I didnt know before my dogs has my youngest dogs two brothers.

I just had another though with your boys excitement issues, how much excersise does he get? I know he is only young and you don't want to be letting him jump or run too much especially in sand and the likes till his bones are fully developed. But they do benefit from a good excersice session and training to tire thier brains.

cocobella
new born
new born

Postby cocobella » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am

Hi there, I would be interested to hear if you have had any luck with the problem of your puppy peeing every where when excited. The reason is I have a friend with an 18 month old shi tzhu poodle x that does the same thing, it is driving her crazy. When ever a visitor arrives at the house the dog gets very excited and starts to pe everywhere, so any suggestions for her would also be very helpful thanks.

Return to “Introductions & Welcomes”