New to Spoodle.co.nz? Drop by here and meet our regulars.
Hilucks
new born
new born

Postby Hilucks » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi all - wasn't aware of this site 'till I googled spoodle today. Wish I had known of it sooner.
We have just lost our 18 mth old beloved spoodle Ellie after an accident. She was struck by a car on sat 23 Jun 12 after wandering through an insecure gate. I had removed a trailer from my section through a seldom used gate that can only be secured from the inside & I forgot to lock it afterwards. :(
We are absolutely gutted & miss her terribly. Feeling cupable is an understatement. My 14 year old & Ellie were inseparable & I feel like well I think you can guess.
Anyhow I am so impressed with the breed that I will not hesitate to get another but I want another the same. Ellie was from a gentle & dainty red Spaniel mother & a miniature Poodle/Bichon cross. What a lovely combination she was 8-) . I am trying to persuade the breeder to match this pairing up again. But it may take awhile as her bitch is currently in pup to an apricot poodle.
Thats my story - know of any spoodles needing rehousing? That could be another option but I do like the miniature option, Ellie weighed 7.5kg at 18 mths - how does that compare to other spoodle pairings?

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: New Member

Postby Teddy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 am

Welcome to the forum, that's very sad. We lost our spoodle who got run over by a drunk driver a few years back, but i guess we should have fenced our property better. But that was horrible, much worse than when they die at an older age. I know what got us through that was having another dog around... at the time I think I was only around 11 or so and I can still recall the day that it happened. Now we are so careful about keeping our spoodles fenced in and are always on leads when we are around the road. I hope you find the spoodle you are after, often it can take a bit of time before you find the right one. I'm truely sorry to hear about your loss and I totally understand how you feel.

Korin and Teddy

Amy&Bobbi
new born
new born

Postby Amy&Bobbi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 am

Hi can anyone help me, im wanting to ask a few questions, im ew to this site and not sure where i ask my questions.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 am

Ask your questions on the different forums

Return to “Introductions & Welcomes”