Another New Member

New to Spoodle.co.nz? Drop by here and meet our regulars.
maksmum
new born
new born

Another New Member

Postby maksmum » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Just popping in to introduce myself. The "Mak" in my user name is our 2 year old Oriental cat.We have been thinking recently that we would like to add a dog to our family - we've previously had a beautiful Boxer girl, but she died about 4 years ago, and Mak is our darling fur baby now. However, we're now feeling that we'd like another dog, and because of Mak, we wouldn't want to take on another Boxer, Terrier type, or anything with a strong prey-drive. After some research, we're thinking that a Cavoodle would be an ideal dog for us, and are seriously considering buying one to join our family.
However, (and if you are involved with this Board you will understand this), it's hard to ask questions and get useful information about this gorgeous hybrid without getting seriously lectured and told off about the evils of "Designer Dogs".
When I found this forum I joined in the hope that its members would be slightly less judgemental about our interest in this kind of dog!
I'm wondering if anyone can help with the name of a reputable breeder of Cavoodles in the South Island. I am aware of an excellent sounding one in the North island, but as we are in Canterbury, would really like to hear of someone more local.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: Another New Member

Postby Teddy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 am

Hi, that is kinda why I created this website cause other websites can be quite nasty to anyone without the proper kind of dog... It's very hard to pinpoint a breeder since there just aren't many around that are known... most of think are brought from trademe or those types of websites and often they are just casually bred... though that doesn't mean they are not well bred, but you may just have uncertainty as to there backgrounds and also often they haven't being health checked... Pet stores are a gamble and often puppies which are milled end up here, mainly because pet stores don't normally ask for background info on dogs... however again i know people who have dogs from pet stores and they are really nice dogs... even if they had a bad upbringing... best bet is to take your time and look around... when you do find the right person you will know, and ask questions and meet the puppies and also the parent dogs... make sure you are happy with the parent dogs and also the person you are buying from

SueC
new born
new born

Re: Another New Member

Postby SueC » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm another new member. We have the most darling Spoodle called Maggie. We live in Sth Canterbury and found her locally on Trade Me. I think designer dogs are just the best and are usually very healthy. Hope you found what you were looking fot.

Return to “Introductions & Welcomes”