hey from kendal and the cockapoos

New to Spoodle.co.nz? Drop by here and meet our regulars.
kendal
Puppie
Puppie

hey from kendal and the cockapoos

Postby kendal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:34 am

hey im kendal im from scotland and have three lovely cockapoo girls Gypsy(3y), Inca(3y) and Echo(1y).

Gypsy and inca are half sisters shairing the same dad who is also Echos grandad.

hope to have fun on this forum.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: hey from kendal and the cockapoos

Postby Teddy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 am

Welcome to the forum, awsome to have someone from the otherside of the world on here!!

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 am

thanks
lol it was my mum who found it and told me to look it up. forums tend to confuse her a bit lol. she can only hack the one.

am i the only uk member on the forum let alown the only Scot.

oh are there any othe black and white cockapoos like my Echo, she is one of only 2 my breeder has ever had and there were both in the same litter.
she did have a 3rd but it only had black eyes and a wee black patch on her tail the rest of her was white so she got nick named panda.

sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby sl_simpson » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 am

Hi Kendel
Welcome to and your fab trio :)
How popular are the Cockapoo's over there?
What other lines of poodle x do you have in Scotland?

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 am

well whe we first started looking for our first Gypsy we couldnt find a breeder in scotland and had to travel to england(around 6 hours drive there stay overnight colect pup then the same back again) to get them and have stuck with that breeder.

i have met a couple of labradoodals, a golden doodle and a cocker/shi zue x poodle, i have only met 3 other cockapoos one from the same breeder as my lot but i have not seen any of them since they were puppys. i have also met 2 collie poodle x.

i have herd of oter breeds like the cavapoo, shnoodle, pugpoo, shipoo, the shepoodle. my mind has gone blank.

lots of people i meet when they ask what my girls are say they have herd of or met a labradoodal. but i think there has been a big puppy boom. im just glad we found a good breeder as i just herd resently of a cockapoo pup identical to my inca with heart worm, which has not been in the uk for some time.

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 pm

hi and welcome to the forum!!!

i noted you introduced echo to inca and gypsy when they were about 2 years old - any tips to successfully doing this - we are about to bring home our 2nd cavoodle, introducing her to our 2+ year old cavoodle doyle. we would like to think its going to be a walk in the park but keen on gathering as many tips etc as possible.

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:30 am

it wasnt what we exspected, Gypsy wasnt happy when we braught Inca home there is 11 weeks between them. the first thing Gypsy did was she came over to me and peed on my foot. so we exspected her to go in a mood when Echo came, but they were best pals from the start, it was inca who was a bit of a grump.

at the moment we have a bit of a power strugle going on in the house Inca has always been the clam layed back dog that just know she was incharge and didnt need to proove it, but now Echo is chalenging her and incas not bidging.

i have not had any proper fights but Echo is a pest and dosnt give up Inca just stands and takes it poor girl. but its calming down now. i think its also because the other to have hit that nice age where they have setled down and Echo is going into her teens that is coasing the problem.

to be honest i missed the first week of her beeing in the house as i was away with my college so i only got to see her the weekend we got her home then i had to leave, it was my mum who told me Gypsy and Echo were getting on like a house on fire and inca was keeping out the pups way.

as long as you set the boundrys its all good.

all three of mine share a large crate that we baught off my friend when her Dobie didnt need it anymore.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 am

have you looked at maybe behaviour training if theres some issues with dominance behaviour??

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 pm

the girls are sorting it out them selves, it has only realy just started, as Echo is feeling she needs to asert her self. the other two went through the same thing and are now fine, my mum is determand she wants a forth as she think Echo could do with someone her own age to play with.

to be honest im not a big fan of behavurists most of them tend to take large sums of mony of the client and give no real structured gudence unless you all on them. the ones i know of in my aria who my firnds have dealt with were less than ustless and had done a weekend coars to get there certificet.

its just like with kids i have two younger brothers on 18 the other 5 going on 6, no way do i get on with them 100% of the time, innes my youngest brother is doing the same as echo pushing the bowndrees trying to get away with beaing cheeky by using languge he has learnd off his friends.

infact it is allmost exactly the same as in human terms Gypsy and inca are 21 like myself and Echo is only a wee bit older than innes.  

inca is just so relaxed she is almost horisontal im planning on doing therapets with both inca and Echo, i hadnt pland to do it with Echo but the guy who came to asses inca was smitten with her and thaught she would be perfect too. Gypsy is to exsitable and wants to be right up in your face giving kiss the other too are just happy to cuddle in.

sorry i think i went of topick but im trying to exsplain there charicter

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

I was thinking more on the lines of what Ceasar Millan does interms of controlling the pack, i didn't mean go out and find a behvioural person... most behaviours in dogs occur as a result of how we react around them...

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 pm

yip pack order is already implamented, my trainer is a big beleaver in ceaser milan, my girls are sosolized in a large pack of dogs the largest being 50 the standerd around 10 or 11 amd a veriety of breeds.

we have never had a problem with food agression, posesifness, chewing. inca was a nightmaire to toilet train but the other 2 picked it up within the first week.
you can take anything off them even when all three are playing with it.

i use my girls as stuge dogs when we get a dog at training who has isues with other dogs. they are actualy quite balenced. Echo is just trying to work out her place in our pack, it is natural for the youngest to want to take controle. we give them to opertunity to make the mistake and corect them if the choese to make it.  timing is very important. inca is still top dog (after me that is lol)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

coool !! yeah I really like his approch and starting to impliement it into our dogs... if you know some good techniques for the training section you should put some up ... my biggest issue with teddy at teh moment is him getting really excited when people arrive home.... i'm doing a few techniques and they seems to be working....

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Kendal, you already know me from the UK forum!!  I am a big Cesar fan as well and a few of his techniques have helped with my pack, although I am really lucky they have been great and all fitted in well together and each one knows thier place!! Cooper used to think he had to protect the younger ones as in going out at night with them to the loo but now I he doesn't bother as I finally got him to realize it is my job to protect them not his... :) and now he gets it. Lacy is a bit food agro with the other 3 but we have nipped this in the but, she has fought with Cooper on occasion but he never fights back and I have been there so no damage done but she has been reprimanded Cesar style and it works a treat. Your lot sound much like mine in a lot that they do. I love having a pack and they all get on fabulously with other dogs. (Tully was badly attacked by 3 dogs and she is a bit iffy with big dogs but we are slowly working through that) Like your also we use mine at training to introduce other dogs if they are not used to lots of dogs around, and people constantly tell me I have a good well balanced pack which makes me happy cause I hear a lot of people that have so many issues with having more than one dog, so I must be doing something right!!

Anyway welcome to the forum!!

A quick msg for Bella, In regards to bringing your new pup home, Is their anywhere you can let them meet on neutral territory? All of mine have met each other somewhere other than home, all we did was just put the pup down and not made a fuss and it went perfect everytime, also helped that my lot were used to puppy from a very early age going to dog school everyweek there is always new puppys coming through. If you find doyle scared or frightened dont in any way reassure him by voice or affection because this will reassure him that he should be scared. I hope that makes sense, not long now till you get your new pup. Look forward to photos!!

kendal
Puppie
Puppie

Postby kendal » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 am

hey, yeah your lot are gorgus. my mum has her heart set on a forth, but i dont think she know what coulor she wants. with Gypsy and inca she wanted the black and gold(apricaut/blond) because they are the coulors of cockers she had. and with Echo she had her heart set on a black and white, that was so hard to  get as most we just black with some flashes of whight on there paws on chest. then we got the email from our breeder saying she had two B&W girls in the litter and we had to pick. we picked the one with the most black on her as the other only had a couple of spots. i do wonder what her sister would look like now.

Hollyanne
new born
new born

Postby Hollyanne » Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Kendal, I'm new to this sight. We have got a little chocolate Cockapoo called Ruby, she's very cute!

Laura.

Return to “Introductions & Welcomes”