our baby puppy finn :)

Post all your Photos and Videos of your dogs here!!!!
Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: our baby puppy finn :)

Postby Teddy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 pm

yeah he does weigh a bit and takes up a good amount of the bed when he decides to fan out.... lol.... you can probably get an idea from the spoodle romp photos we had a while back here: http://spoodle.co.nz/spoodle-forum/inde ... 198.0.html

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Sandy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:57 pm

It's amazing how much of the bed they want isn't it. My 2 have half our bed and hubby and I have to share the other half. I get up at 1am to go to work and they both move over into my spot so poor hubby still has no more room.... :) :) :) :)
Gosh Teddy must take some lifting. Maddy only weights 7.5kg which is just as well as she loves sitting on our knees. Does Teddy's coat matt much. Wondering if being a 3rd or 4th generation means the coat doesn't matt so much.  :)
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 pm

not alot, his fur is thinner than say his brother oscar whose alot more shaggyer... I trim him abit shorter aswell... he gets the od knot but not as much as his brother

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Sandy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm finding Molly's coat is not knotting as much as Maddy's. Even as a puppy Maddy's coat matted and got knots. I'm wondering whether Molly being spoodle/poodle cross rather than the spaniel/poodle cross that Maddy is is what makes the difference.
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 pm

yeah i think crossing back to the poodle would make a more curly coat... which is why they tend to breed back to the poodle aswell as to eliminate the shedding aspect... but i think that also brings about alot of extra grooming such as brushing and making sure there coat is clear of things such as grass seeds etc... but at the end of the day there will always be different variance in looks... happens in all dogs, no matter how hard they try to produce clone type dogs ;)

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby Sandy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Just looking at litters on trademe you can see every puppy is different. I suppose it's just like us humans everyone is different even if we have same parents.
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

Pia
Puppie
Puppie

Postby Pia » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Its hard to say how big they are going to be, but it would be great to know in advance!. Ours is a springer spaniel crossed with miniature poodle. However at 3 months she s the same size at this age as what our family golden retriever was at that age. We're not sure what her parents were like. She's currently about 3.5kg and at mid-shin height.

Jash and Kira
new born
new born

Postby Jash and Kira » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm

;) Yeah, I must say I am very confused about the "spoodle" name i.e. what is a spoodle/cockapoo - I have been trawling through old posts on this and it appears everyone has a different definition? or is it just you have F1 F2 (generation) spoodles, or is a cockapoo only a first generation spoodle with parents being each different respective breed

Korin -I have read the thread you posted a while ago as well - which was informative but also everyone had differing opinions ')
It doesn't really matter I suppose, they are all so cute! (im just curious)

Finn is about 6kg (but not in a chubby way!) at he's 13 weeks - his back comes up to 3/4 below knee length ;)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm

spoodle is just a slang term given to a cockapoo... because there is no breed specific they all generally come under the term spoodle ... its best to tell the breed what you would be expecting so they can let you know whether its what you are after..... but generally it was a minature poodle x cocker spaniel

I.love.billy
new born
new born

Postby I.love.billy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi there! I was just wondering where you got him? Was it animates? My puppy Billy is and he happens to look just the same as finn! I knowthis will sound weird but I was wondering if they could possibly be related?

Jash and Kira
new born
new born

Postby Jash and Kira » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Heya ! Yeah it was actually ;) we were just browsing (not seriously looking for a dog and just bought him!) strange really, we had never heard of an oodle and now its hard not to find one! :)

Finn is now 9 months! he was born on Oct 2nd (if yourz is from the same litter?) - although it looks like yours is just new?? Your right though, billy (?) looks exactly like finn!!! (and I am surprised at how much variation there actually can be!!) it would be fantastic if he could meet his real brother!

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Yeah they are everywhere... walking along the beach i always bump into several lol

Return to “Dog Photos & Video”