What is house training goal?

Got tips? Need Information on Training? Post all here!!
JoeClark
new born
new born

What is house training goal?

Postby JoeClark » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi,
Is the goal of house training to get the puppy to not pee/poo in the house, or is it to get the puppy to pee/poo on a schedule? Is it the latter in order to get to the former?

The reason I ask is that I'm finding it hard to get to a schedule during the day (not hard at night). Some pees/poos are somewhat random (not immediately after eating/drinking/sleeping/playing). No accidents recently as my 14 week old puppy does give clear signals on the need to go out. So I feel like we're succeeding in terms of no poop/pee in the house, but not so much in terms of regularity.

I could increase the frequency of taking her out, but her she isn't consistent: sometimes every 15 min, sometimes every hour. So taking her out every 15 min probably would't results in peeing a lot of the time. Or do I just continue to be a bit flexible during the daytimes (schedule with addition of when she asks) as her body matures and hope that the nighttime scheduling has some overall impact on control/regularity?

Please help.
Thanks!
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:http://www.dogforums.com/dog-training-forum/465474-what-house-training-goal.html

Online B2B Marketing Examples

Return to “Dog Training”