Toilet Problems

Got tips? Need Information on Training? Post all here!!
Art and Leroy
new born
new born

Toilet Problems

Postby Art and Leroy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 am

Leroy who normally has perfect bathroom habits, has taken to peeing on the carpet the last week. He has his last drink at 10ish before we take his water away for the night and gets let out at about 12 for his last bathroom run we get up at 6 and he gets let out after his good morning pat and a drink. We don't crate him of a night and never have, did try putting him in the laundry of a night for a short while this didn't last because he chewed the door frame and worked out that by sinking his teeth into the wooden door knob and twisting himself this way, then that way the door opens.So he has free run of the house bar mine and my partners room and our house mate's, he sleeps at our bedroom door. He is going to the toilet when I let him out for the last time before bed but everyday I'm waking up to a small pee stain on the carpet any ideas as to why his doing this or how I can stop it?

Art and Leroy
new born
new born

Re: Toilet Problems

Postby Art and Leroy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am

OMG his done it again today!   >:( This is doing my head in.  :'(

carol
Puppie
Puppie

Postby carol » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 am

I have a 3mth puppy so I am just finding out all the ins and outs.  Our little one goes outside numerous times but at the moment still goes everywhere inside and that is doing my head in.  

Maxwell
new born
new born

Postby Maxwell » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm

carol wrote:I have a 3mth puppy so I am just finding out all the ins and outs.  Our little one goes outside numerous times but at the moment still goes everywhere inside and that is doing my head in.  

We have a 3 month old as well, and exactly the same thing is happening

sl_simpson
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby sl_simpson » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 am

I'm just woundering if you are giving them abit too much freedom at this stage.

Do you have a regular routine for toilet time?

Also what are you using to clean up the accident?  If you are not quite getting rid of the scent they will go back to the same spot.  Also don't use any carpet cleaning products with anomia in it as this is an attractant back to that spot.

Here is some further reading that might be of help about a restricted "den" area to help with the training.

http://www.perfectpaws.com/htra.html

http://www.thepethub.co.nz/HEALTH/Infor ... r+dog.html

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/hsetrain.html

Return to “Dog Training”