toys - the keepers...

This is where you can discuss products that you would recommend and not recommend to other people ...
doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

toys - the keepers...

Postby doyle and mollie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:57 am

doyle seems to have a lot of toys but the truth is he plays with all of them. weve been lucky with not too many 'flops'. i thought it would be helpful to post 'doyle's top 10' as a guide to toys that seem to have proven their worth. rule of thumb... better to buy one high-priced, puncture-proof toy than dozens of a cheaper varieties that wont last past a few good play sessions and the best news.... they dont have to all cost a pretty penny as you will see from the egg carton on doyle's top ten.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: toys - the keepers...

Postby Teddy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:02 am

wow some of those toys look like really good quality... i really havn't ventured much past the local pet store and the supermarket.... i should - i really want to find a nice bed for him at home... i'm contemplating building him one out of ply wood.... we already have a welping box so maybe convert that into one

maplegum
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby maplegum » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 am

I really love the stuffed toys with rope arms and legs.  Cute!

I guess they are just like little kids, they prefer to play with the wrapping and boxes rather than the gift that is in them!
Owned by Bailey & Willow, my 2 miniature horses.

Hannah
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hannah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Bailey would rip all of them to pieces!  ;D
Thanks
Bailey and Hannah :)

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

you might be surprised... doyle gives them all a pretty hard time and so far no destruction except the egg cartons of course lol
what toys do you find are bailey proof??

Hannah
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hannah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Umm... well she'd destroy basically everything thats not quite tough rubber or plastic. Especially cuddly toys. Which is a bit sad because she cant have a little friend to cuddle. One toy that she hasnt done much damage to is a kind of rope twist thing. Shes only pulled the rubber part off and scratched at the plastic. We tried one of those monkey things and she ripped the face off it first day!!
Thanks
Bailey and Hannah :)

maplegum
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby maplegum » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Umm... well she'd destroy basically everything thats not quite tough rubber or plastic. Especially cuddly toys. Which is a bit sad because she cant have a little friend to cuddle. One toy that she hasnt done much damage to is a kind of rope twist thing. Shes only pulled the rubber part off and scratched at the plastic. We tried one of those monkey things and she ripped the face off it first day!!

Can't blame her for riping the face off the monkey!  It's scary! :o
Owned by Bailey & Willow, my 2 miniature horses.

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm

probably the eyes would be the first to go   [smiley=MSN-Emoticon-027.gif]  ;D

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:24 pm

wow she really is a wee toughy - next treat try the teddy head it costs around $16 and is made by a german company karlie - doyle loves it and i think barbies troop have endorsed it as well - barbie any comments?? it is  really well made and as far as i can tell the worst that could happen is it will lose its hat!  ;D

Hallmark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hallmark » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 pm

they all look like masterpet toys, thats mostly what mine get too, although empty softdrink bottles with a few dog biscuits in them are a great hit here too.

but the one toy that stands out for all my dogs is the origanal KONG!

They all love the Kong, in fact if I say wheres the kong, they go nuts searching for it!

in winter we can play in the paddock and it wont get lost, we can throw it in the water and it floats, we stuff it with mince or peanut butter or whatever leftovers and then they spend all day trying to get the last wee bit out....and in Summer I stuff them then freeze them, its like a hot summers day iceblock!

Masterpet also have a snake that has a squeaker, rattle and wierd noise, my cousin brought the puppies one and they LOVE it, all of them grab it somewhere and drag it all around, very entertaining!
Hallmark Kennels
Breeders of quality Oddles, raised with unlimited TLC

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

i saw that snake in the weekend - its up there price wise $20+ but i thought i might get one for doyles gotcha day pressie - thanks for the thumbs up on it hallmark

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 am

wow she really is a wee toughy - next treat try the teddy head it costs around $16 and is made by a german company karlie - doyle loves it and i think barbies troop have endorsed it as well - barbie any comments?? it is  really well made and as far as i can tell the worst that could happen is it will lose its hat!  ;D

Hey guys, The Karlie toys are good Lacy got  the teddy head for her bday last december but it really didnt last long but it did last longer than the cheaper toys, the trouble with my lot is they get a toy then they all have to have it so then it is a tug of war... ;D Tully got the whole teddy but we still have his body no hat just a body no stuffing. Lacy goes nuts, if she can make a start on the stuffing she has to pull out every inch till she gets the squeeker then she will chew it till it squeeks no more ;D  the only toys that really last here are kongs and rope toys the rest dont last long at all.  Mine also love to play with long bits of material usual polar fleece and also socks!!  Bronson has a big lot of toys in his toy box but he only plays with them if he is inside on his own other wise they would be destroyed. Tully is the worst for toys she chews and chews holes in plastic in 10 seconds flat!!  We have found that the nylabones are good for her they are practically indestructable.  I could go on about toys all day as we have been through a lot in our last 2 years. Cooper still enjoys toys too but he likes to get one and get the others to chase him hes hilarious when he does it.  Bronson also has the whole teddy and Tully got it for a few minutes and now it is minus a hat >:(  The amount of money I spent on toys last xmas was obscene. And I too absolutley love pet shops just cannot resist a pet shop all those cool doggie things!!

Spoodygirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spoodygirl » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 am

I meant to add good thread as Im searching for something for Tully for her birthday which is on 26th june, but it wil basically have to be indestructable as she is just the hardest on toys of them all so if anyone has any ideas send em my way.
Last edited by Spoodygirl on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hallmark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hallmark » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 am

well I will keep you all in mind when I am in the GIANT toy shop at the world pet expo, should be interesting to see if they have any NEW toys that our 'kids' cant destroy

I will be on the look out....toys and clothes, anything else anyone wants to add to my list....
Hallmark Kennels
Breeders of quality Oddles, raised with unlimited TLC

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:35 am

contacts for online shops that sell worldwide and anything cool of course

Return to “Best Buys”