anyone heard of this... is it good??

This is where you can discuss products that you would recommend and not recommend to other people ...
doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

anyone heard of this... is it good??

Postby doyle and mollie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am

Tukkathyme a Herbal Muesli for Dogs and Cats

www.tukkathyme.co.nz

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Re: anyone heard of this... is it good??

Postby Teddy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 am

so many food options here in NZ i'm amazed with what is out there just not made overly public.... i've never heard of this before.... i didn't think dogs could process corn? its hard to tell what this prodect would be like..... it would be good to get some of these people who create this to post something on the site about it.... i know they would get our website showing up in there stats page everytime someone linked from here to there website so would be great to get someone telling us about this product from there company.... its great to see another NZ product liek this.........
Last edited by Teddy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tallulah
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Tallulah » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:45 am

it sounds very healthy!
On the rare occasion that one of ours nabs a sweetcorn out of the bin ( dont ask) the corn definitely goes right through them and out the other side.
The corn is flaked in this so probably different??

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby doyle and mollie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 am

ive jumped in and made an order for a 1kg bag - all up including courier
$10.82 so not a bad price - will let you know what the results of doyle's taste test are when it arrives... im not seeing it as a complete meal solution more as a treat once every few days to keep his diet interesting

doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

the taste test

Postby doyle and mollie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:28 pm

doyle had a courier package arrive today and as far as the first hurdle... the smell test... the muesli passed with flying colours... he was so excited and i hadnt even opened the courier bag!!!

just so everyone is clear... doyle IS a fussy eater so after measuring out the 50g and mixing it with the recommended 100mls of hot water i was not convinced the smell alone was going to do it.

being fair to the muesli, i decided not to mix in roz's chicken loaf (recipe on this forum) cos it's his number one food of choice, instead i put the chicken beside the muesli... guess what he ate first...  ;)

looking at the product i also think (for you bakers out there) it could also make a mean bikkie!

the 1kg is going to last a long time so money wise it does seem to be good value.

well done www.tukkathyme.co.nz this seems to be a great example of a small nz company doing good!!

i look forward to hearing about other peoples results/thoughts on this product and of-course i hasten to add there is still the poo test to come  ;D

Return to “Best Buys”