dog doors

This is where you can discuss products that you would recommend and not recommend to other people ...
doyle and mollie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

dog doors

Postby doyle and mollie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 pm

we've decided to put a dog door in from a set of french doors that lead onto our back deck
allowing doyle some flexibility of space when we are not home - any recommendations on the best brand and size for a cavoodle/spoodle?

Sandy
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Re: dog doors

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi we put in a dog door about 2 months ago. We had a glass place supply and put it in.I think it is the next size up from small. We didn't want it big, just big enough for Maddy to get though. She gets though this one comforably but we made sure a small child couldn't. Its great but our only problem is Maddy will not go in or out if its shut. We have to prop it open when we are home so she will use it. But even with that its still made things so much easier. :)
Regards
Maddy, Molly & Sandy

igot2spoodlesyay
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby igot2spoodlesyay » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm

what size did you get, i have a doggy door but i think i need to get a bigger one when i get a spoodle..

BarbM
Reformed Oodle God
Reformed Oodle God

Postby BarbM » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:37 am

Hi - we have nice landlords who let us replace one of the french door windows with a new pane and dog door (we have to put the glass back when we leave).  We bought a Medium sized door - the one with a beagle on the front - and that seems to do the trick..
Spoodles vary in size but I think Medium would fit most of them.  My boys are on the larger size for spoodles and we haven't had any 'pooh bear' incidents with the dog door yet! ;)

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Has anyone heard of the new types of dog doors which allow only your dog to enter it?

Ruby & Scott
Puppie
Puppie

Postby Ruby & Scott » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Teddy wrote:Has anyone heard of the new types of dog doors which allow only your dog to enter it?

That would be nice, had two cats in the kitchen yesterday!! Ruby uses a medium sized door it was on of those dog mate ones in a wooden door. She learnt to use it within an hour or so, just use lots of nice food treats and teach her to hit it with their paw first. Now she just runs at it at 100 miles an hour!!

Teddy
Spoodle Admin
Spoodle Admin

Postby Teddy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm

I think they run on the mircochip which is inserted into your dog... or maybe you need to get a new chip... or maybe something on there collar... sounds like a good idea

holly
Puppie
Puppie

Postby holly » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Cats often have something on their collars which releases the lock on the cat door. it comes with a particular type of cat door. Pet shops probably have them. I'm sure that the came thing can be available for dogs.

Return to “Best Buys”