My dog attacks the tv. need help please?

Got tips? Need Information on Training? Post all here!!
MichaelSmith
new born
new born

My dog attacks the tv. need help please?

Postby MichaelSmith » Sat May 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Hello,

My dog Daisy is a Min Pin/Manchester mix. She's about 2 years old and we rescued her almost 1 year ago.
Daisy has always attacked the tv. If she sees a person she doesn't like (Judge Judy, Neil Patrick Harris, and others), or any kind of animal she charges the tv and barks in an aggressive way. She likes to be under a blanket when we are on the couch, so if we want to watch certain programs or channels (Animal Planet) we try to make sure she is asleep, but if she hears an animal she wakes up and charges. We have never encouraged this. We were told to spray her with a water bottle or use an air hoen by a local trainer, neither are working. We have another dog and she is starting to react the same way because she sees Daisy doing it.
She also has problems outside when she sees dogs, cats, birds, ect. I'm worried because I would love to take them to the dog park after we move (not one where I live now). I tried to socialize them when we first got them, but there aren't many places to take them where I live (very small rural town), and no leash laws so there are a lot of big aggressive dogs that roam.
I'm at a loss as to what to do. My husband thinks we need to put her on anxiety meds. She does have some other anxiety issues (storms, fireworks) and barks incessantly at times. Will the meds help, or is there something else I can try. I want to help her.
We feed Blue, walk for an hour twice a day, and play around the house.

Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://positively.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10038
Best video production service

Thank you

Return to “Dog Training”